Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Friday, February 10

OVEN-BAKED PANKO CRUSTED TILAPIA



A friend of mine recently asked me for this awesome recipe. I'm a huge fan of panko, but always dread the messy frying process.  I was super excited when I came across this recipe and since then have included this dish in our family's weekly meal rotations. I made a few changes here and there, so here's my version if you'd like to try it out.  

*Please disregard the portabello mushroom in the picture.  It was one of those nights when I was trying to clean out our fridge. Normally I serve this dish with a side of green beans or broccoli.  


Ingredients

3 tilapia filets
3 T butter (melted)
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Lawry's seasoning salt
1/2 C panko breadcrumbs

Directions

Preheat oven at 425.

Rinse and dry the filets with a paper towel.  Sprinkle liberally on both sides with Lawry's seasoning salt. Combine melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic powder.  Dip the fillets into the butter mixture and then coat it evenly with panko.  Press any leftover breadcrumbs onto the fish.  

Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray. (I like to spray over a piece of foil for easy clean up.) Carefully place the filets onto the sheet and drizzle the leftover butter mixture on top. Place the sheet on the middle rack and bake for 15 minutes.  Broil for 2 more minutes or until the crust turns nicely golden.  

2 comments:

  1. i just happened to have tilapia and panko. Did not know what to do with panko. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the idea! Im gonna try it with Swai fish and see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)