Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, February 14

LIVING ROOM PROJECT

A good friend of mine asked me last week to help put together her small 11' x 11' living room.  She recently got a job in San Diego and for the first time has an apartment all to herself.  Although she's been living there for a few months, her living room is still extremely bare.  She dislikes the current setup and wants to completely start over.  



She wanted this room to be relaxing - somewhere she can unwind after a long day at work.  She liked soothing colors like whites, blues, grays, and purples.  The room also needed to blend in well with the other darker furnishings in the adjacent dining area. Her budget was $2500.  



I was super excited to take on this task and had so much fun with it! Here's the inspiration board that I came up with:







When she first showed me those pictures, I noticed that the rooms seemed very dark. Instead of bringing in additional dark wood simply to "match" the other furnishings, I brought in some whites to brighten up the room.  I chose a neutral gray sofa and paired it with some soothing but happy sky blues and teals with fun patterns.  I also incorporated more of the similar patterns with the tortoise print window panels and the upholstered slipper chair for additional seating.  The simple denim jute rug does a great job of tying the room together by incorporating all the colors of the room.  The table lamp with the beautiful clean lines provide additional lighting that was very much needed in the room.  It rests on this great pair of nesting tables that is both sleek and functional.  Finally, the Ribba frames are a favorite of mine for displaying any art work that she may like. 


The total cost of everything is $1846.43 - well under her starting budget.  Not bad, huh? My dear friend,  I'm ready to move in there myself ;).


1 comment:

  1. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)